Come Ride with Us
Shining Stars Therapeutic Ministries has the following job opportunities available:
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all Shining Stars Therapeutic Riding Program fundraising, including the major gifts, annual funds, planned giving, special events, and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Must embrace the faith-based mission of Shining Stars.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Proven experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members, and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and the community, and demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events.
- Direct employee/volunteer fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, and the Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Shining Stars with the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Create and manage fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee the creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Please submit your resume, references, and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to Shining Stars Therapeutic Riding Program, 3175 Old Harrisburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325. Inquiries can be made at (717)624-4047.